By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries could be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and data providers in response to modern expertise and consumer needs
Read or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Stressed to accomplish extra with much less, libraries have to swap how they in achieving objectives. In networked agencies, teamwork, communique, and collaboration are the keys to getting effects. but, few leaders have function versions or instruments to enforce such swap. "Winning with Library management" deals a street map with ideas and motion steps to create shared responsibility and accountability in a customer-focused, fast moving surroundings.
Regardless of the stodgy stereotypes, libraries and librarians themselves could be very humorous. The spectrum of library humor from resources in and out the occupation levels from the sophisticated wit of the recent Yorker to the satire of Mad. This exam of yankee library humor over the last 2 hundred years covers quite a lot of themes and spans the continuum among gentle and darkish, from parodies to portrayals of libraries and their staffs as items of worry.
To resolve a profitable method of digital source administration (ERM), Anderson interviewed employees at eleven associations approximately their ERM implementations. between her conclusions, provided during this factor of Library expertise stories, is that greedy the intricacies of your workflow—analyzing each one step to bare the gaps and problems—at the start is essential to picking and imposing an ERM.
Libraries and the organisations that offer prone to them are devoting extra recognition to system-wide association of collections—whether the "system" is a consortium, a zone or a rustic. As a method for saving house and funds whereas increasing entry to extra fabrics and assets, the price of shared collections is indubitable.
- University Libraries and Space in the Digital World
- Technology Choices: Why Occupations Differ in Their Embrace of New Technology (Acting with Technology)
- Service Learning, Information Literacy, and Libraries
- The Big6 Curriculum: Comprehensive Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Literacy for All Students: Comprehensive Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Literacy for All Students
Extra info for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)
After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) by George Stachokas